Northern Railway Recruitment has issued a notification for the recruitment of 270 Goods Guard and Assistant Station Master Vacancies.
Educational qualification for RRCNR Recruitment 2016 - 2017 must be a Degree or Diploma in Rail Transport and Management from the Institute of Rail Transport and age limit must not exceed 42 years for General, 45 years for OBC and 47 years for SC, ST candidates.
Name of the Post (Designation):
|S.no||Name of the Post||No.of Vacancies||
Degree or its equivalent
|2||Assistant Station Master||168||
Degree or its equivalent. Diploma in Rail Transport and Management from the Institute of Rail Transport
Selection Procedure: Written Exam, Pschyco Test and Aptitude Test
Pay Scale: Rs.5200 to Rs.20200
Application Fee: No Fee
|S.no||Start Date||End Date|
How to Apply: Online
Goods Guard will be in charge of a goods train. His duties include :
1) Get the vehicle guidance (VG – written document containing numbers of wagons, their tare weight, load tonnage of individual wagons, total tonnage)from Station Master/Yard Master.
2) Check the entire formation for anything that can endanger safe running of trains.
3) Check that doors of wagons are closed.
4) Check the brake continuity with Loco Pilot.
5) Sign the Brake Power certificate(BPC) after ensuring sufficient brake power
6) Constantly monitor the formation on the run for any abnormalities.
7) Prepare train reports like Combined Train Reports, Late Arrival Reports.
8) Attend along with LP/ALP minor troubles experienced on the run like brake binding etc.
Assistant Station Master will be the in charge of running of trains at a station. He operates the signals, ensures that everything goes as per the rules laid out. He will be working in shifts.
The Northern Railways is one of the 17 Railway zones of India and the northernmost zone of the Indian Railways. Its headquarter is New Delhi Baroda House near India Gate. The railway zone was created on 14 April 1952 by merging Jodhpur Railway, Bikaner Railway, Eastern Punjab Railway and three divisions of the East Indian Railway north-west of Mughalsarai (Uttar Pradesh). It includes the first passenger railway line in North India, which opened from Allahabad and Kanpur on 3 March 1859.The Zonal Headquarters Office of Northern Railways is at Baroda House, New Delhi, and divisional headquarters are located at Ambala (Haryana), Delhi, Firozpur (Punjab), Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh) and Moradabad (Uttar Pradesh).